POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shore Scene Take 3 : Shore Scene Take 3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Shore Scene Take 3
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 28 Aug 2007 07:13:52
Message: <46d40370@news.povray.org>
Looking at my earlier post of this scene I'm not 100% sure what I was
thinking (color scheme). I like this one alot better, so thanks for the
gentle nudge from comments.  I was able to get the scattering media in the
clouds to fire up better by using a light_group for the clouds with
global_illumination off .... I rotated the light sources 180 degrees from
orginal positions, so I guess the scene is no longer looking east a sunset.
I got that idea when reading about the type of scattering media I was using
as being directional ..... (3.6.2.1.3  Scattering) *snip* ....largest when
the incident light is anti-parallel to the viewing direction. RTFM as they
say!!!! The cattails and grass are the same basic shapes with different
scaling applied. The shells on the low tide area are just squashed spheres
with specular and roughness settings to give a large highlight.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Dunes.jpg' (59 KB)